Saturday, May 28, 2011

Saturday Morning Cartoon - The Cat Came Back

I've decided to post a cartoon every Saturday morning. As a kid, Saturday mornings were the best day of the week. I'd get up, park myself in front of the TV and watch cartoons until mid-afternoon, when golf tournaments and talk shows would take over the afternoon broadcasts. I'll try and post some favorites and some obscure titles, hopefully things you haven't seen in a while or have never heard of. And I promise I will NEVER post "What's Opera Doc." As much as I enjoy that film, they have shown it at every cartoon festival I have ever attended. Enough is enough.
Today I'm posting a cartoon from The National Film Board of Canada: The Cat Came Back (1988). Nominated for an Academy Award, the cartoon uses the old folk song to tell the story of a man and his cat... and pretty much gives my opinion of cats. Enjoy...


The Cat Came Back (Classic Animated Short Film) by NakedBrotha2007

No comments:

Post a Comment