Monday, February 18, 2013

Bye, Bye Bahooka...



 

What rotten news.   I just heard from my brother that one of my favorite restaurants, The Bahooka, is closing next month.   I reviewed the restaurant HERE, and if you have never been, I urge you to pay a visit now before this original, one of a kind tiki restaurant goes the way of dial phones and fiscal conservatism.    





I've been expecting it for a while...  the last few times I visited, it was fairly empty and half the restaurant was "dark."   I liked it that way; it was like having your very own Polynesian hideaway.  No other people around to take away the atmosphere... just the Hawaiian music, the colorful strings of lights, and the hum of the many fish tanks that dominated the available wall space.  Every time I went I noticed something new and exciting.   I had hoped that one day I would hold an event in their funky banquet room (which was also adorned with fishtanks), but it looks like that won't be happening. 
 
The waiting area.   Here I watched fish building little hills by putting rocks in their mouth on one side of the tank, then depositing them on top of an ever-increasing pile on the other side.   I could've watched for hours.
The cashier station.   If you wanted a good table you could slip them a fin (Fish joke #32) 
The interior.

This is the table I got.   I guess a fin wasn't quite enough of a tip.


The banquet room.   As you can see, this wasn't exactly your Elk's Club rental hall.
I'll be sure to stop by for one last meal, and report back on the visit.   Be sure to make your own memory while you have the chance...




No comments:

Post a Comment