Saturday, January 18, 2014

Odd Comic Book Covers

In case I've never mentioned it before, I'm a big comic book collector.  Many a day has found me searching through EBAY, looking for that one last issue of whatever comic book I'm trying to find.  Every now and then, however, I come across an issue of something that makes me go, "Huh?"   Here are a few I came across recently...

Evidently, in the 1940's there was no worries of child protective services coming to take your ward away from you, so Batman (and Superman) felt justified in treating eight-year-old Dick Grayson in any manner they pleased.   However, this seems a bit cruel.   Maybe he's being punished for posting secret identities on the Web?  I'm surprised the girl on the bicycle nearby is so impressed.  Obviously not a fan of children.

I've always felt sorry for the cats in the Mighty Mouse cartoons.  It's nice to see them get some revenge on Super Raton on Halloween, 1955.  Even Heckle and Jeckle join in...  And if Dick Grayson was around, he'd probably join them as well.


If you're a Super Villain looking for an identity, this may be the clue you need!   Don't be the Penguin...   or Catwoman...  Be The Skunk!   It's just the thing to strike fear into the hearts if Supermen!   On a side note, what exactly is Robin wearing?   They look like green chainmail underwear.  How comfortable can THAT be?   Now I really feel bad about those two making him pedal that bicycle.

I guess Kryptonite isn't Superman's only weakness.   Don't tell Lex Luther.  All that money he's spent on death rays, and all he really needed was some flour, butter and shortening.
 
There's something weird about seeing Batman in a skirt.   I would think his knees would be a lot more pale then they seem to be in this picture.  After all, how often do you see Batman's knees?  As a side note, Batman actually has a Scottish connection - Bruce Wayne was named for Robert The Bruce, or King Bruce I of Scotland, who led the war for Scotland's independence. 
Okay, I know this isn't a comic book cover, but I still had to share it.  It's amazing what a little missing punctuation can do to a headline.
 
The less I say about this one, the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment