Friday, August 19, 2011

On the Road with Joe #1

I'm starting a new feature.   It needs a better name, but for now, I am calling it "On the Road with Joe."  It will feature pictures and stories from the various odd places I have visited throughout the United States.   Here's today's photo, taken with my trusty Olympiad camera:

This was at an amusement park in Panama City, Florida that is sadly no longer in existence.   Its name was Miracle Strip Amusement Park and was on Florida's Gold Coast, across the street from the Gulf.   While the park was quite popular throughout the years, the land become so valuable that the owners, in the midst of a post 9-11 slump in tourism, decided to sell.   I visited the park in 2003 and was very impressed by the whole place.   The Park had various buildings like this, with huge facades that had to be seen to be believed.   This one is was probably the oddest.   My personal opinion:   Don't walk under any snowman in that particular position.

2 comments:

  1. HI! I went there as a teenager in the 80's..Great Place indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! I wish I could go back... One of my favorite amusement parks!

      Delete